Henry F. Siedzikowski
Henry F. Siedzikowski, a senior shareholder and the Firm's President, has over thirty years of trial and appellate experience in complex commercial litigations in federal and state courts, as well as Federal Bankruptcy Court and Federal and State Agencies.
His diverse practice includes representing and advising clients in health law matters, insurance, antitrust, bankruptcy and creditor's rights. His litigation practice includes a wide spectrum of commercial, Orphan's Court and business disputes. He has served as lead trial counsel, including court appointment as co-lead counsel or liaison counsel in several class actions or multi-district litigations. He has served as lead trial counsel in §1983 actions, insurance related actions, health law actions, ERISA actions, bankruptcy proceedings, antitrust actions, and intellectual property actions.
Mr. Siedzikowski has represented healthcare related entities for over twenty-five years as a business advisor and litigator. He has also been involved in a number of internal audits and/or investigations in the healthcare field, as well as developing compliance plans. He has represented insurers, managed care companies, hospital systems, and physician and ancillary providers. He represents a number of hospitals and healthcare systems in Medical Staff and Peer Review issues. Mr. Siedzikowski is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association, the Health Law Section of the American Bar Association, and the Health Law Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Mr. Siedzikowski has also represented insurance companies, insurance executives and insurance consultants. He has litigated and advised clients in reinsurance matters, coverage issues, managing general agent issues, executive contracts, insurance company insolvencies and insurance fraud investigations. He is experienced in matters relating to health insurance, life insurance, property and casualty, d & o and e & o coverages.
Mr. Siedzikowski also provides pro bono representation to the National Shrine of Czestochowa. He supports a number of charities and youth sports groups.
He graduated from Juniata College in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, cum laude in 1975, and from Villanova University School of Law, where he was a member of the Villanova Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif, and graduated first in his class.
Representative matters include:
- Representing a number of municipalities in a major real estate developer bankruptcy;
- Representing a hospital system in several Physician Fair Hearing Proceedings
- Representing a Director of a regional television station in a D & O liability suit brought by a Bankruptcy Trustee;
- Representing a surety company in the run-off related legal issues of a national bail bond business;
- represented a health insurer as a creditor, with multi-million dollar claims in the bankruptcy of several national or regional physician organizations;
- represented the bankruptcy trustee in seeking fraudulent conveyance recoveries from physicians in the break-up of a large regional physician group;
- defended a hospital against a suit by two residents relating to the residents transfer to other programs;
- set-up compliance policies and program for a pediatric dental and oral surgery practice and their residents program;
- representing a company developing contents claim software for the P&C industry;
- represented the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in a suit against the federal government over a proper statutory treatment of interest on claims reserves for federally funded programs on which the Commonwealth was self-insured;
- obtained summary judgment (upheld on appeal) for a Bi-State Compact Agency against claims for $127 million by a major port operator;
- represented an international engineering firm on a $10 million plus sub-contractor construction claim against the general contractor and a national brewery company;
- obtained a multi-million dollar antitrust settlement for a home health agency against five hospitals and their jointly owned home health agency; and
- Lead debtors' counsel for an urban hospital owned by a religious order filing Chapter 11.
He has served as a faculty member on several Continuing Legal Education Panels, and served six years on a Hearing Committee of the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. He is a member of the Bars of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third and Eighth Circuits, as well as the Supreme Court of the United States.
This Attorney in the News